Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Pointless Reason

Holding on to that last bit of reality of the life I knew with the optimism and hope is simply no more. It's not even an object to look back at because the only option left is to move on. My accomplishments are nothing I should fret at considering the point in my life I am at. Not very many 22 year olds own their own home, have a family, have a career, and are continuing their education on the verge of earning a bachelors to seek greater employment in the future. Indeed, it seem silly considering my spouse as well will have a fantastic career upon completion of her own education and together we will form a potent spousal combination where money will become almost a non-issue. Our kid will have a future that will be littered with opportunity and he probably won't even realize it until he is out on his own just like I didn't.

What's the problem then?

If things are going so well, what's the point of blogging about your family?

Does anyone actually care?

Simply put, with all of the dots connected together, there is really no time for anything in between. Hobbies, passions, motivations, and overall fun are no longer in my schedule it seems. Is the cost of a family harder on the wallet or the mind? You see, I'm an avid collector. Hoarder is occasionally thrown out there, but I don't consider finding needs for many objects hoarding. I have an established collection of baseball cards and memorabilia and a fair amount of passion for the game of baseball. On top of that, I'm finding hockey taking the void of what I consider my number two sport over football and am seeking to build a foundation of hockey collections.

All of my collecting hobbies aside, there was a time when video games mattered more than my homework. While those days are long since dead now, the need to compete on virtual worlds still burns within my soul. Many days have been invested in lives I created in MMORPGs and the occasional fast-paced first-person shooter, but my overall indulgence in the industry and the technical aspect of gaming is where my time is truly spent now. Because of this, I feel as if the video game industry and the MMORPG genre is failing to meet expectations with a lot of credit going towards a lack of innovation and scope on the part of developers. But that is another post for another day.

But what of sports themselves? Well, the hockey lockout just ended (finally) and we should have a season starting soon and I follow baseball year-round. While I have my favorite teams and players, just as everyone else, I do follow the sports as a whole.

So really, as an introduction, I'm Shady Sourz as per my online alias. Hopefully this blog can be related to for others who are in the same position as myself and need something interesting to read. Thanks for reading, and I'll be posting updates as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment